Meditation offers many benefits for your body, mind and spirit.
Physical Benefits of Meditation
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety
- Decreases tension-related pain
- Increases Serotonin production improving mood
- Boosts immune system
- Increases energy levels
Benefits of Meditation on your Mind
- Decreases anxiety, negative emotions, trait anxiety and neurotcism
- Aids learning, memory and self-realization
- Improves attention and mindfulness
- Stabilizes emotions
- Increases creativity and happiness
- Develops intuition
- Gives clarity and peace of mind
- Creates better focus
- Reduces tension, anger and frustration
- And it done deelply enough is a path to a bliss that is beyond imagination
Spiritual Benefits of Meditation
The sense of peace, connectedness and happiness opens the heart to enable you to live a contented and fulfilled life.
Most spiritual traditions around the world have meditation, prayer or at least self reflection as an important part of their practice. It makes sense that to get to know our spirituality better we should spend time getting to know ourself better. A lesson that gets forgotten in the current fast paced world we now live in.
How to gain these benefits?
To experience these benefits it is necessary to practice regularly. You can start with a few minutes every day, building up to ideally, around 20 minutes a day. You may be able to attend one of our Refresh Community Classes in your local community and to develop your meditation skills further, we offer weekend retreats throughout the year.
Get started with our FREE online introduction to meditation that consists of a series of emails and recordings sent to you every couple of days for 3 weeks. At the end of this series you should be able to start to build a daily routine.
The science behind meditation & headspace
Does meditation have benefits for mind and body? (26 Feb 2014)
Meditation: A simple, fast way to reduce stress (19 Jul 2014)